Tags: , , , ,

Benefits of Study Groups

Posted on 10 December 2015 by

Multiple heads are better than one. Studying alone can be nerve wracking especially when struggling with a class.  Working with a study group boost grades for fellow students. Not everyone understands the lectures, so having others give their ideas and perspectives can be extremely helpful. Study groups help with critical thinking and creativity. There is […] Continue Reading…

Tags: , ,

An Advisor’s Guidance

Posted on 06 November 2015 by

In 2013 when I first entered Housatonic with my best friend Kelsey, I was unexcited. Biting my nails at orientation, I looked around, hoping that everything went smoothly. Being unsure about the career choice I wanted did not sit well in my stomach. It was freshman year  and I could not decide what classes I […] Continue Reading…

Tags: , , ,

Apple’s Cultural Impact

Posted on 29 October 2015 by

Our generation loves technology and social media. We thrive on new apps and a faster way to connect with others on the internet. Our generation loves Apple and the way they reinvent their products, making us want more. Has Apple really influenced our culture for the younger generation? The iPhone, iPad and iPod are the […] Continue Reading…

Tags: , , , ,

No College Tuition: President Obama’s Plan

Posted on 27 April 2015 by

No college tuition for community college students would be a weight lifted for many people.   The proposal is that the federal government will cover 75 percent of the cost, and the state would have to pick up the remaining 25 percent of the cost. On the plus side, there will be more student services for […] Continue Reading…